Tuesday 9 October 2018

AfTer gLaStonBury feStIvAL 1995

AfTer gLaStonBury feStIvAL 1995

Nothing much has flowed for too long
For fear
And congestion
And it's built up into a pile
Which,
I don't know
It's kind of a mound of frumps
The kind of heap
You don't want to keep
And it's getting in the way
Of you and me baby
However
It's not surprising
Given the circumstances
Which is that we flit by each other
- or have done at this festival
On different strings, of independent people
Perhaps it is we should cease whatever it is we do
(telepathically)
Because we don't end up working at the same things
Do I feel I follow you about in a vain attempt
To orchestrate?
Independant people
Doing what we do
With great independence
Independance is a worthy thing
It means -
Well, I couldn't say straight off
But it could mean that we are strong as individuals
Yes yoooou with the mind-engulfing glasses -
Keep us protected from the Sun.
I take my kit off to tell my tales
And am open to criticism
I do take a twisted pleasure in it
You can poke about my bones
To find my loose bits
Please do -
Let them fall away
Let us look at each other
And strip ourselves down 
don't we do this all the time?
But perhaps
We could talk and talk 
Till our bones are picked dry
And go hmmm
Not feel much good about it
Or, after the fire,
Feel the need for something more
And you spoke of tying ourselves 
At the belly with faerie cloth
Do we feel too independent to see each other?
It is perhaps too difficult to read a story together
Some consummation
Some act
Some binding
Of independent souls
So we don't roll out of our
Versions of life too far
Some warm hub of creation
In the heart
Could be founded around
An evening
Or moments of ritual
As you yourself have spoken
To speak in it's language
And say it's OK
You've grounded
No!
Be brilliant souls
Not bound up
And wound up
But OK Charlie
You're you
And I'm me
Let's paint our faces with raspberry and wode
Wash our faces in the dew
Me am Me 
and 
You am You
Let's dance one last time
Around the sacred yew.









No comments:

Post a Comment