Tuesday 9 October 2018

You are my People

YOU ARE MY PEOPLE  (after Compton Dumdon Hill Nov 1995)

Thank you to my friends 
That I met here in the wood
I've tasted your wine 
And I think that it's good

My feet are so weary
My mind is so sore
I'm thinking that my Mother
Will soon settle her score

I've travelled on land
And I've travelled in mind
Folks can be distrusting
Folks can be kind

But you don't live in houses
Don't put up no walls
You harmonise a loving song
And live by Nature's Laws

No words can describe
The visions that you see
The land, the stone, the river run
The branches of a tree

You are my people 
A home that is to roam
Let us join to ride the time
A long low wholesome road

Deep in my bones
I can feel her unease
Though my mind is sore
It knows the reason

Oh mankind have we gone 
Too far to go back
So friends it's survival
To find that wholesome track

This is what we are my friends
Beneath the starry sky
This is what we is my loves
And never wonder why



No comments:

Post a Comment