Tuesday 9 October 2018

DEATH COME RAPPING

DEATH COME RAPPING

I'll tell you one time and I'll tell you once more
Death come rappin' up on my door
He's whispering this old time remedy tune
Sayin' that the last rites is gonna be soon
And every time I look around
The dials have changed and the wind starts squalling
And all the while the crocodile smiled
The damage was done and the voices were calling
And all thye lonely hearts are still yearning
Could all of our dreams be burning?

It's heating up and it's gonna cool down
It's throbbing with an unnerving sound
It's in it's death throes, looking done in
Welcome home boys, it's time to begin!
I took my time on the wire buzzing free
From the grime and the hype of the turnstiles
I cried on my knees when I reasoned to be
And the dog-fighters still carried on meanwhile
And the realisation is dawning
As the sky bleeds out it's warning

I'll tell you again and for the last time now
Death come rappin' up on my house
He's beating a rhythm to wake up the dead
Sayin' our last rites are gonna be read
The planet's turning but it's not the same
Knocked out of orbit, been re-arranged
Someone's crying out their baby's name
Someone's playing a very dangerous game
Is that the smell of our dreams burning?
Watch as the sky screams out it's warning.


No comments:

Post a Comment