Tuesday 9 October 2018

Travelling in the company of Elves

TRAVELLING IN THE COMPANY OF ELVES

I had a dream good people
I had a dream so clear
Of the end of everything we had held dear
Laid waste by the ravages of senseless graceless creed
Forty million bloodsuckers a ravenous craving greed
It could be politicians, it could be you or me
That built a machine that has been a soul-grieving misery
And through the ages one can see the action of the mind
That fenced the land and forced the man to make a world less kind
And in my dream a voice it spoke, it was the voice of All
It cried out to the everyone it made a wonderous call
It called into the hearts of every man, woman and child
And woke the star of who we are that has been so long defiled 
And that star it touched the shining and it shone brightly too
And Elves of all descriptions appeared I surely tell you true
It sailed on through the torrents a great and timely Ark
And through the transformations embarked it was our craft
To beyond the Western oceans where Kronos, wide awake
Was splashing in the water and in a loud voice spake
Then the sea swelled up and then it broke over the land
Whereopon the shining boat appeared at our command
Here comes the one who slumbers, here comes the one who wakes
It is returning Arthur Futurus, the King reborn from crystal caves
Awakening at the hour, at our hour of peril
To sort a messed up World, polluted and well meddled
History turns now on it's head and then I woke myself
I'm making plans for travelling in the company of Elves

No comments:

Post a Comment